The SSNT framework:
- promotes safe and supportive teaching and learning environments for staff and students;
- promotes positive learning environments; and
- builds staff capacity and sustainable practices through professional learning.
As a teacher, what can I do?
- Be sensitive to the needs of all your students and develop close relationships with students based on school values and ethics.
- Make yourself aware of the home/family and educational backgrounds of all your students.
- Provide a safe and supportive learning environment with clear expectations of classroom and school-wide behaviour.
- Make sure you are consistent and fair in implementing your classroom management plan.
What can I do in the classroom and around the school?
Make sure your classroom management plan:
- •complements the school Behaviour and Wellbeing policy and the Safe School NT Code of Behaviour and that you are consistent and fair in your implementation
- is inclusive of all students and allows them to be involved in decision making and negotiation of rules.