The School Counsellor is available to work with students, staff, families and allied professionals to provide a high quality counselling and case management service. The Counsellor attends Nemarluk on Wednesdays and Fridays and her role includes:
- Providing a counseling service and individual support where appropriate to students and families.
- Participating in the development and implementation of relevant school policies, procedures and programs with a focus on enhancing the wellbeing of staff, the school community and students (particularly students at risk).
- Establishing and maintaining links with relevant community support agencies, allied professionals and school networks with a view to optimising services available for students at risk that focus on primary prevention, early intervention and continuity of care.
- Developing and implementing a range of professional development programs for school staff and whole school approaches that focus on student and staff wellbeing and resilience.
- Acting as a consultant to families from a variety of ethnic, Indigenous and socio-economic backgrounds on matters relating to student welfare and development.
To contact the school counsellor please ring the Nemarluk School office