Nemarluk School promotes healthy living through programs such as:
- Asthma Friendly School
- Supporting the DoE Canteen, Nutrition and Healthy Eating Policy. Individual student’s dietary requirements are accommodated.
- Engaging in professional learning about Epilepsy annually,
- Promoting safety in the community through programs such as Road Safety with Hector the Cat, Water safety with Boof the Barra,
- Being a KidsMatter school to support student’s mental Health,
- Incorporating healthy eating through the school lunch programs,
- Learning about hygiene and developing good hygiene practices through self-care programs.
Other priority programs are physical education, swimming, and protective behaviors.
Smoking is prohibited on school grounds.