Sexuality and Disability
Teachers and school staff at Nemarluk attended an ACHPER funded a Professional Development program delivered by Family Planning Queensland to enhance the delivery of Sexuality Education for students with a disability.
The Professional Development focused on:
- values and attitudes about sexuality in a disability context;
- expressing sexuality and identity for students with disabilities;
- sexuality issues for young people with disabilities;
- identifying strategies for empowering young people with disabilities in the area of sexuality;
- self protection skills for young people with disabilities; and
- strategies to respond to sexually inappropriate behaviour.